I say this because I have learned many lessons in my lifetime (especially during college) about women, family, friends, and money. Earlier this week, I was having a conversation with my girlfriend. We were speaking about our plans for the night, I told her that we should wait till things slowed down the following week because I was overwhelmed with school and my internship. She stopped me and said, "Michael, you have been busy for the last two years." That got me to think that I really haven't stopped grinding since my sophomore year of college.
At times I realize that I miss out on key moments with my friends because I am too involved with different organizations at one time. Since I realize this, I told myself that I would take a break from being too involved. Unfortunately, fall semester came around and can't get away from being too busy. This got me to think, the Royals never took a break from being the best and I should never stop trying to be the best I can be. The lesson I got from that conversation with my girlfriend is that, the world will never slow down and wait for you to catch back up, life doesn't work that way.
So whenever you catch yourself being stress, prioritize what you need to get done that day and use that stress to grind on it.
Once you finish up with that, kick back and watch the Royals sweep the Orioles.
![]() |
| Royals celebrate the sweep photo by Denny Medley |

No comments:
Post a Comment