Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Next Chapter

This will be my last blog that I will ever write on this blogger, mostly because I enjoy writing on Tumblr more. I appreciate all of what my online publishing class taught me, with that the art of blogging. Blogging has allowed me to tap into a part of my brain that allows me to be more creative with the way I use words and phrases. Blogging has opened up my language use to a greater dictionary. I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts with my peers about the everyday struggle of a young adult. 

In about two weeks, I will be finish with my last fall semester and entering into my final semester of college. I have a lot to think about, I need to be more prepared for the real world or else I feel like it will eat me whole! I currently have three jobs, two of which are internships with Ligo and the Colonial Fox Theatre. I really enjoy my internships and I can see myself with both companies but more so Ligo because it is located in Kansas City. I recently had a conversation with the CEO about coming on full-time when I am done with school but he said that he isn't sure if they will be ready to hire. I completely understand, now I will have to search for internships and jobs that I have an interest in. 

My options have expanded a lot because I want to check out cities like Chicago, Dallas, or Houston. The reason for this is because I would like to be in a city that is very urban and near a big body of water. I also wouldn't mind being stuck in Kansas City, there are a lot of great firms here too. 

My second problem is finding a place to live, which can be easy solve by moving in with my parents. I really enjoy my parents but my house is too busy right now, this is because my anunt and uncle are living with us until they get back on their feet (which I am 100% for). I also want to move in with my cousin and old roommate, I think it will be a lot of fun taking on Kansas City with them. Who knows, all I know is that a new chapter is about to begin in my life.

"Write to be heard, speak to be heard, read to grow." -Lawrence Clark Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment